16 Reasons Why It's a Beautiful Birthday


Today for my birthday - my friends were quite wonderful. But best of all was my children - who made and decorated a cake for me, did a magic show for me and got me thoughtful and lovely gifts that showed they have a tremendous amount of empathy and insight into their mother's character.

I always worry that since my divorce as well as being disabled (and the disability is getting worse) I am not able to give my children what they want or be with them as much as they'd like. Of course those are my fears, not theirs.

One of my children wrote this for me... it will be one of those MUST SAVE items every Mother has. After 12 years of infertility treatment, and then this particular child having severe 24 hr a day colic for 7 months - proved how worth it every single step of the way was.  And this child, after years of dreaming a big dream and very hard work - was accepted to Bronx Science. And what wonderful people my children are turning out to be.

From my child, for my birthday:

16 Reasons Why I Love You, Mom

  1. When I'm down, you help me up
  2. You are a good listener
  3. You love me back
  4. You teach me how to be a better person
  5. You help me when I have problems
  6. You laugh at my corny jokes
  7. You are a good friend
  8. You care about me
  9. I can share secrets with you
  10. You buy me stuff! (just kidding...)
  11. You try not to embarrass me in public
  12. You encourage me to be nice
  13. Whenever we can, we have time together
  14. You taught me not to judge a book by its cover
  15. You make sure that there is food on my plate and clothes in my closet
  16. You were the one that brought me into this world.

I also want to share some of the comments of the women & men I help in their recovery from pathological relationships. These are people who have never met me in person - but who needed a hand. This, to me, is better than fame, wealth or power. It is sincere thanks for simple support. After all I have been put through in my 54 years on this planet - this gives my life more meaning than just being 'long.' These are very humbling to me:


Barbara -
I am grateful God placed you in the world years ago on this day.
I am also grateful to be sharing this world with you.
May you have a peaceful and happy day spent with your children, who love you dearly and to whom you are a wonderful mother, having risen above the legacy of your own childhood.

You and your children are lucky to have one another and the world is lucky to have you. Particularly those of us [who were victimized like you].

Don't underestimate the nationwide and worldwide impact from your time spent shedding light and giving a deeper understanding of Narcissistic Personality Disorder and all related issues.

I feel you are a true hero, birthday girl!
Celebrate today and enjoy, YOU, Barbara!! I hope you have a very Happy Birthday, dear! Thanks for all of your dedication and support for me and all the other wonderful ladies that are struggling. Your help is greatly appreciated, always.
Keep up the great job of supporting us all. You do a great job. I wouldn't be where I am without you and all you do for us.
Barbara, you make this world a far better place, you bring light and vision of clarity to people in a great unique way that we will always remember!

Barbara, you told me the truth even when I didn't want to hear. God bless you for your firm, honest and compassionate intervention. You are surely an angel on earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day to Bare Our Souls - and Find Ourselves

'Fat People Aren't Unstable' -- For This We Needed a Study?

Miriam's Cup