Domestic Violence Bloggers Risk Their Lives Reporting on Abuse

Myself, I have been defamed, cyberstalked, harassed, called "fat, desperate, pathetic, scorned, a loser, a nutjob" and names I can't repeat here. Sometimes by people who 'supposedly' know me and attempt to hurt me. Sometimes by people I don't know and have never met, and hope I never will.

But I will continue to speak out for myself and for others. Because I have children I love and friends I care about.


From RANDI JAMES' TERRIFIC BLOG:

In creating domestic violence/ sexual assault blogs, we women bloggers are reclaiming some of the power we lost when we were assaulted and/or are reclaiming our power as an oppressed group.

However, this journey out of silence does not come without risks. In exposing the corruption of the family court system and the criminal "justice" system, we are risking our lives so that others may benefit from our courage.


I have been noting a few of the deaths that have occurred [recently]. Any one of those deaths could have potentially been one of us because some have fled violent relationships and some have the threat of violence on a continuous basis as the court forces us to maintain relationships with our abusers.

I want to take this opportunity to point out that a fellow blogger has had her life threatened as of last week. Go on over to Behind the Blue Wall and lend some support.

There are a lot of angry people that want us to STFU. We refuse.

This will be a public affair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day to Bare Our Souls - and Find Ourselves

'Fat People Aren't Unstable' -- For This We Needed a Study?

Miriam's Cup