CONSIDER THE SOURCE

My Nana, of blessed memory, would often sit and watch the news with me. She and I spent a lot of time watching the Watergate trials together one summer. She didn't debate or argue with anyone, she just watched and would ask me "what do you think?" I would tell her and she would think about it and tell me "good point" or nod her head. She wasn't YES-ing me - she was making me think. When something puzzling came up she'd smiled and say "Consider the source!"

So when I saw this on my newsreader today I laughed. I love watching these pathological personalities shove their boots as far down their throats as possible. As if we haven't been paying attention the last 6 1/2 years!

I could hear Nana saying to me: "Consider the source!"


Bush insists Alberto Gonzales has done nothing wrong
Filed by Michael Roston and David Edwards

In a Thursday morning press conference, President George W. Bush insisted that there was no need to hold Attorney General Alberto Gonzales accountable because he had done nothing wrong.

"I haven't seen Congress say he's done anything wrong," the President insisted. "I believe, David, we're watching a political exercise."

He went on, "Why would I hold someone accountable who's done nothing wrong?"

(Better question: Define 'wrong doing' in context of Gonzalez' questionable actions.)

The President also dismissed the idea that after commuting his jail sentence, he had freed convicted former Vice Presidential Chief of Staff I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby from accountability.

"Lewis Libby was held accountable," he stated in a curt manner. "He was declared guilty by a jury. He paid a high price for it."

(And you PARDONED him, Chimpy)

ORIGINAL


PLEASE CLICK HERE TO JBLOG ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day to Bare Our Souls - and Find Ourselves

'Fat People Aren't Unstable' -- For This We Needed a Study?

Miriam's Cup