Deepest Sympathies to Rep. Carolyn Maloney

Fourteen years ago, when my attorney and I were fighting for the disability benefits I'd paid into since I was 17 years old - I contacted Rep. Maloney's office. They were wonderful to me. Within 5 weeks I had my benefits. And just 5 years ago, they helped me again.

My deepest sympathies to one of the hardest working women in government.

The remains of Rep. Carolyn Maloney's husband reached the capital of Nepal Monday after a team of Sherpas carried him down one of the world's highest mountains.

Clifton Maloney, 71, died in his sleep on Friday after becoming the oldest person to climb the 27,000-foot peak of Mount Cho Oyu - the sixth-tallest in the world.

The Sherpas took Maloney's body to a base camp deep in the Himalayas where a waiting helicopter flew the remains to the Nepalese border. From there, the body was transported to Kathmandu, to be prepared yesterday for the long trip home to New York.

A devastated Rep. Maloney (D-N.Y.) said Sunday that she felt some solace knowing her husband spent his final days pursuing his passion for mountain climbing.

The avid mountaineer's last words were, "I'm the happiest man in the world. I've just summited a beautiful mountain," family said.

SOURCE

Comments

Cyndi said…
Of course I do feel sympathy for his family. But how poetic and beautiful that he took his last breath right in the middle of pursuing his passion in life.

Popular posts from this blog

A Day to Bare Our Souls - and Find Ourselves

'Fat People Aren't Unstable' -- For This We Needed a Study?

Miriam's Cup