Obama Believes Being Disabled is a Character Flaw!

The last couple days I have gone back and forth with myself about whether to write about the Obama camps disgusting new ad about John McCain's not being able to use a computer... but missing that McCain is disabled and can't raise his arms above his shoulders and can't physically USE a computer.

This week I have been very ill. I seem to have serious flares every few weeks, always when I am most busy and need to have some energy for my children. Then I saw the ad and read all the commentary on this depraved indifference on the part of Team Obama. So I have been in bed reading and doing a slow burn...

Again, I must relate back to my own personal experience. About how people turn your illness into a character flaw. I have had a couple people, who should know better say things to try to smear me and make people believe I am a malicious liar, like:
  1. she can't work because she's too fat to even move
  2. she's a diabetic who doesn't take her meds
  3. she lives off the State and she's on Section 8
  4. she's a stalker
  5. she's been arrested numerous times
  6. she's trying to hurt/ kill family members
  7. she is Bi-Polar
and so on... Just let me say all those comments? Factually untrue.
  1. Yes, I am fat - from PCOS, medication and multiple surgeries. And I do move plenty despite the severe pain I am in 24 hours a day. Numerous doctors & diagnosticians, including Federal Government diagnosticians -- have agreed I should not work and will not ALLOW me to work.
  2. I am not diabetic. And the meds I do take I am quite good about staying on schedule so that I can be a mother to my children.
  3. I do not live off the State. I have never collected welfare and I own my own home and my own car.
  4. I couldn't stalk anyone if I wanted to; I can only drive short distances and I can't walk for long without my pain getting so bad I have to stop.
  5. I have never been arrested or even charged with a crime -- (and please feel free to check court records in every state in the U.S. or outside the U.S.)
  6. I have never in my life tried to hurt or kill anyone, since I believe purposefully hurting and/ or taking someone's life are serious sins.
  7. Finally, I am not bi-polar. I don't think being bi-polar is something to say about someone lightly as it is a very serious illness that requires a lot of care and compassion.
And the person(s) who said these things know I am disabled but conveniently left that out.

Just like the Obama Campaign did to John McCain!

By the way, both McCain and myself do suffer from PTSD which may explain McCain's short fuse. A lot of veterans with PTSD have that problem but the Obamicans position it as a serious character flaw. Disgusting. Just disgusting.

So I have said my short peace without causing a total ****-storm. I hope.

So Obama "goes where he eats" and then wonders why he's 'failing' and his poll numbers are dropping like rocks. Lots of disabled persons were Dems and Liberals until this election and campaign. And most of them have walked away from the Obamessiah in utter disgust.

Barack has stepped in his own doo-doo... and I can smell it from here.


WHY BAM'S FLAILING

By MARK CUNNINGHAM

IF it suddenly seems like the Obama campaign doesn't have any idea what it's doing, maybe that's because it doesn't.

Barack Obama has never run a campaign against a real Republican. And his main strategist, David Axelrod, is way out of his areas of expertise.

Axelrod specializes in urban politics. He's run a bunch of mayoral races (usually in cities with lots of blacks), plus contests in true-blue states like Massachusetts and New York.

And his favorite guns may well misfire now.

New Yorkers may recall that he was on the Freddy Ferrer team - and how the class-warfare theme of "the Two New Yorks" managed to lose the 2005 mayoral race in a city that's overwhelmingly Democratic. (Yes, Bloomberg had his billions - but he was beatable.)

Nor did the same shtick do much for Axelrod client John Edwards, who didn't exactly score big with "the Two Americas" in the Democrats' 2004 presidential primaries.

The left-populism did work for Deval Patrick in the People's Republic of Massachusetts - but, again, an early caucus victory was vital to getting the nomination, as was the fact that the primary featured two white candidates. (And the general was a four-way race, with a Republican nominee unimpressive even by the low standards of the Bay State GOP.)

By the way, it's not much of a governing philosophy: After less than a year on the job, Patrick has job-approval ratings to rival President Bush's.

The approach appeals to Democrats - consultant Bob Shrum spent his career selling it to one candidate after another. But it just doesn't sell with the great American middle: Shrum's presidential candidates invariably lost.

Axelrod is also known for playing the race card, but that can backfire, big-time - especially when neither he nor Obama really has much feel for the political and cultural landscape of most of the nation.

Obama has lived a lot of places, but his adult life has been overwhelming "anti-Palin country" - urban and/or elite: here in New York as a Columbia undergrad, and later with NYPIRG; Cambridge, Mass., for Harvard; Chicago.

You start to see why he couldn't name a single right-wing friend when Bill O'Reilly asked. And how he unleashed that idiotic comment about how small-town people "cling to guns or religion."

A race against a serious Republican might have awakened him to this weakness - but he's never been in one before. In Illinois, he was the surprise winner of the 2004 primary for the Senate, in part because two white candidates split the vote.

In the general, he basically had it won once a Chicago paper took down the GOP nominee by getting a court to unseal unseemly divorce papers, and the local Republicans then tapped Alan Keyes - a carpet-bagging right-wing performance artist - as their standard-bearer.

So it's not such a mystery that the mean machine of the Democratic primaries, which stole the nomination away from Sen. Hillary Clinton, is sputtering so badly now.

Nor does Joe Biden bring much wider experience to the Obama campaign. He left Scranton at age 10, and his real home since 1973 has been the US Senate.

Of course, the polls are still tight, with McCain-Palin swimming against a strong Democratic tide. The Republicans may yet implode or somehow get taken out by Obama's acolytes in the press.

But Barack Obama would be a fool to bet on any of that. Instead, he should make an executive decision - and bring on board some Democratic talent that actually has a clue of how to fight to win this race.

SOURCE



Election Day 2008 countdown banner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day to Bare Our Souls - and Find Ourselves

'Fat People Aren't Unstable' -- For This We Needed a Study?

Miriam's Cup