PARENTAL ALIENATION McGREEVEY STYLE

It never ceases to amaze me! How some people breed and still don't get it. 'She's a homophobe, he's a pervert' - WHO CARES?

What is disgusting and sad here is that THESE PEOPLE HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER. Don't they know she's going to grow up someday and read the books by Mommy & Daddy?

I am still dealing with some divorce fallout myself. My ex is refusing to sign a lot of things and trying to make it ugly - trying to make me look like the bad one. Frankly, I don't care but I admit I have dug my heels in on the unnecessary nastiness.

A few years ago, when my marriage was dead but I was unable to see a way out - I was involved in a silly emotional entanglement. During it my ex said a lot of very horrible things to me in front of our children & told them a lot of inappropriate things. It didn't help his case much when our depositions were done. My ex still wants to sue the third party. There are children all around involved. Someday my children will want to see our divorce papers or come across them. That sort of revelation about your parents hurling epithets at one another becomes burned into your psyche. I know - I was there myself. I won't have it for my kids.


I am so careful what I put on this blog. No pictures of my children or family. Little to no personal information. Why? Because I give a damn about the emotional and mental well being of my children. And their safety. My children are my whole world now. Just because the marriage didn't work out - and even though their father was very punitive to me - he is still their father. I don't need to blast him in public by writing a tell all book. Even if I put it on this blog? That can be deleted at a later date. And it won't be anything I won't discuss with them when they are older. Court papers and books are forever. My own parents had serious issues and one of them thought nothing practicing covert incest and blabbing about the other parent to myself and my sibling. It was seriously T.M.I.! (Too Much Information)

Being divorced is hard enough. Being divorced because of abuse of any kind is brutal - but can we stop the media shoving contest here? Its embarrassing.

I saw McGreevey's news conference. Dina smiling. I remember thinking "now there's a ticking bomb if ever I saw one." And I was right, sadly. It's one thing to tell the truth about the smear campaign the other parent is doing on you - but can't you do so with some compassion? I have told the truth about my ex in our papers but without the vindictive embellishment.

I don't have much of an ego - but I am a fiercely protective parent. Jim and Dina? Get a grip. Your child needs you to act like adults. Or start saving up for some heavy duty psychiatric bills in her future. Perhaps she will sob out her troubles on Dr. Phil!

Jim, stop insulting homosexuals by playing the victim here. You're gay, we get it. You're also someone's father. And keep the child out of your bed!

Dina, do you plan on being a professional whiner for the rest of your life? Yeah, he's a controlling, lying bastard. Be honest, be truthful but do it with love for your child.

In a few years are we going to hear some Alec Baldwin-esque phone call from one of you to this poor child? Every word you two are saying & writing? Your child is going to read someday. Try to have some class about how you deal with all this instead of muckraking. Your child deserves better.


ONLY IN NEW JERSEY
by Maggie Gallagher

This week, Dina Matos McGreevey filed court papers accusing former Gov. Jim "I am a gay American" McGreevey of extreme cruelty, fraud and libel, for concealing his homosexuality in order to marry her. And so the McGreevey saga continues.

I'd say "only in America," but I suspect this is a story that could happen only in New Jersey.

Imagine: You are the governor of New Jersey and (by your own account) you're having sex with a young man behind your wife's back. The young man in question describes it as nonconsensual sexual harassment, but never mind. The feds are closing in on indicting your fundraising pals, one of whom even claims you arranged a special code word, "Machiavelli," signalling that they had a deal, the deal being: You pad their pockets with public funds in exchange for their donating campaign cash.

Jihadists have just recently blown up the Twin Towers, orphaning thousands of New Jersey children. The country's at war. You're taking time out to have anonymous sex in public restrooms (Or was that earlier? The timeline is murky). Rumors about your randiness are apparently rampant, so rampant you now claim your wife had to know that you were gay when you married. (She was asking for it, see? Somehow with these powerful men, it's always the woman's fault). So Dina didn't know you would be bleeping the boy toy in the marital home while she was in the hospital recovering from the birth of your child, but, hey, what did she expect when she agreed to become your own little Jackie Kennedy?

Suddenly it all blows up in big type. The one indisputable fact -- you are the man who let your lust decide who should head up homeland security in New Jersey -- is suddenly on the front page of every newspaper.

What do you do? First, you ask your wife to smile and look supportive at the press conference in which you will announce that (A) you are resigning, and (B) you are a gay American. Then you write a book, naturally, explaining how sorry you are for your mistakes, but homophobia made you do it. Leaders of groups like the Human Rights Campaign and Garden State Equality enthusiastically endorse your narrative.

But what do you do next? If you're Jim McGreevey you do this: You try to stiff your wife out of as much money as you can, naturally. You can live in luxury with a very rich boyfriend, postponing the job of earning the big bucks you might have to give your wife a piece of. You've got to keep the net worth down until the divorce is over, see? So you work a little on the side, teaching "ethics and leadership" (I kid you not) to future MBAs at a public university in New Jersey. This nominal income (about $17,000 a year) will allow you to pad your pension for years at taxpayer expense without driving up the old alimony, see?

What to do with the rest of your time? Above all, do not get a real job to support your child or the wife you used and abandoned. Instead, enter the seminary. The Episcopalians are glad to oblige. Studying four days a week, with $12,000 tuition for the next three years should do it. Bonus points: You call your wife a homophobe because she doesn't want you bringing a 5-year-old girl into bed with you and your new partner or displaying giant photos of naked men in the little girl's presence either.

Like I said: Only in New Jersey.

I hope.

CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL ARTICLE

Hat tip to "T.R." for this one!


PLEASE CLICK HERE TO JBLOG ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day to Bare Our Souls - and Find Ourselves

'Fat People Aren't Unstable' -- For This We Needed a Study?

Miriam's Cup