EASY DAVEN - HELPING OTHER JEWS


At first I wasn't sure how I felt about this, when I came across this site. I pondered for a day or so and decided - its a good thing. Any prayer or positive thought is good energy in a world that has so little.

I would be a hypocrite, also, if I put this down. I spend a lot of time on the net - mostly because I can't get out often and I am having a serious flare for weeks now of barely being able to walk most days. Getting from my bed to the computer (where I can't sit up for too long) to the couch is excruciating but I force myself. My kids have become my legs in the house - running up and down stairs for me. I have a small window of energy every day and I use that to make dinner, straighten the children's rooms and get them ready for bed and the next day. Yesterday I was in Manhattan all day. Today I am paying for it.

My children are old enough and tell me they are "tweens now, mom" and "can do it" themselves. Good! They have both told me they pray for me. I told them I pray for them and others every day, throughout the day.

Easydaven.com is the vision of two Orthodox Jews from the UK. It was launched in early March 2007 and is the first known site of its kind on the web.

How often have you been asked to say a Refua Shleyma for someone you don’t really know?

Many of us receive these requests through emails, notice boards and even text messages on a weekly or even daily basis. For us, we often found ourselves skimming though a name on a list with little consideration and would rarely remember to mention the person in our evening davening.

Bothered by this situation we started thinking there must be hundreds of people out there who simply don’t remember to say refuas for other Jews for very legitimate reasons. On the other hand, our traditions teach us that prayers do make a difference.

We decided to try to use the Internet to help people fulfil the mitzvah of davening for the sick.

We hope you never have to use this site, however should you find yourself called upon to help another Jew in need, we trust you will find it a little easier to do your bit with easydaven.com

HOW IT WORKS (click here)

The EasyDaven Blog is here (click)

EasyDaven's motto is "Because Prayers Should Be Said Today."

I couldn't agree more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day to Bare Our Souls - and Find Ourselves

'Fat People Aren't Unstable' -- For This We Needed a Study?

Miriam's Cup